Westfalia doesn’t make any compromise nor difference for safety & quality in individual countries.
German high engineering standards on test, safety & control will be equally applied for all items, no matter where you buy your Westfalia product to insure reliably safe, healthy & long lasting household utensils.
Innovative, functional and of high quality – all Westfalia kitchenware must meet these high demands.
To achieve this, all products will be checked frequently and substantially for safety, functionality & quality throughout the development process, during the serial manufacturing process as well as under the aspect of transport delivery control for the finished product.
In this regard Westfalia focus also seriously on the requirements of food safety & materials.
Therefore every production lot will be carefully checked for its compliances with the
GERMAN FOOD GRADE REGULATION (LFGB /PAHs)
including tests (where applicable) for
- HEAVY METAL
- LEACHABLE LEAD
- FORMALDEHYDE, PCP, DMF etc.
by INDEPENDENT & ACCREDITED LABORATORIES as
During the process of production development Westfalia is already continuously carrying out QUALITY CONTROLS such as
- ROUGH TESTS
- COMPREHENSIVE TESTS
in the own local laboratory as well by independent accredited service laboratories before any approval can be obtained for mass production on prototypes and pre-production samples to insure the best quality level as well as functionality for daily operation.
Only if all those detailed quality checks could be passed, the product will be granted the right for serial production.
ROUGH CHECK – ELECTRICAL HOME APPLIANCES
For ELECTRICAL HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES the rough check covers besides other tests the following:
- GENERAL APPEARANCE CHECK
- FEARTURE & FUNCTION TEST under toughest daily use requirements
- PERFORMANCE ANALYZE
- BASIC SAFETY CHECK
- Hi-POT TEST
- GROUND CONTINUITY TEST
- WOBBLING CHECK
COMPREHENSIVE CHECK – ELECTRICAL HOME APPLIANCES
In the 2nd stage of development ELECTRICAL HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES will perform a further detailed COMPREHENSIVE TEST, which covers
a) CERTIFICATION & COMPLIANCE CHECK with
- LVD/ GS Certificate acc. 2006/95/EC
- EMF (if not included in LVD) Certificate acc. EN 62233
- EMC Certificate acc. 2004/108/EC
- ErP Test Report acc. 2009/125/EC
- RoHS Declaration acc. 2011/65/EU & WEEE
- CDF (Construction Data File)
- Circuit Diagram
b) MARKING & PACKING CHECK (Rubber Test on Labeling, Packing Material & Drop Test)
c) FUNCTION, FEATURES & ACTUAL PERFORMANCE CHECK
d) DATA MEASUREMENT & ANALYZE
e) SAFETY REQUIREMENT CHECK
- Hi-pot test / Ground Bond test / Current leakage to Ground/ Creepage and Clearance
- Overall Workmanship check (e.g. for loose screws, soldering, internal wire & insulation damage, PCB damage)
- Check the labeling/marking, e.g. rubber test
- Protection check (Test finger test)
- Impact test for housing, ventilation openings and/or glass door, etc.
- Force check on handle, knob, connection of internal wires, cord, plug, cord guard/cord anchorage
- Screw torque test
- Product drop test for handheld appliances and / or accessories
- Stability check (10° or 15° incline) & Wobbling check
- Abnormal and/or Endurance tests
If the set targets are achieved and have been confirmed by the analyzed test results, only then Westfalia’s kitchen & houseware products will be considered suitable for mass production.
ROUGH/ COMPRENSIVE CHECK – NON-ELECTRICAL KITCHEN TOOLS
For NON-ELECTRIC PRODUCTS the Pre-Production/Comprehensive Check covers
- APPEARANCE CHECK
- FUNCTION & PERFORMANCE CHECK
- MATERIAL ANALYZE TEST
- DISHWASHER/ HAND WASHING TEST
- SALTWATER TEST FOR CORROSION CHECK
- DURABILITY CHECK
- FREEZING & LEAKAGE TEST ON E.G. STORAGE CONTAINER
- COLOR RESISTANT/ STAIN RUBBERING TEST
- UV-LIGHT APPLICABILITY
- HEATING/SHOCK & CONCAVITY ON COOKWARE
- CROSS CUTTING TEST ON COATING
- WOBBLING/STABILITY CHECK
- HANDLE OR BLADE BENDING STRENGTH TEST
- SHARPNESS TEST ON KNIVES & FLATWARE
- HARDNESS TEST
- DROP TEST
Same as for the electrical home appliances also for the non-electrical kitchen tools, the right for mass production will be just granted by Westfalia if all those set requirements applicable to the product could achieve the functional targets as well long life-time requirements in quality.
During serial production Westfalia will pay highest attention that the Raw Material used are in compliance to the standards to MSDS for production as assigned before.
In parallel, FREQUENT CHEMICAL TESTS as described before will also be performed on the material as well the finished production to insure the quality given also under health aspects.
WEEKLY PRODUCTION TESTS with regard to
- FUNCTION & PERMORMANCE
will be performed during the complete mass production to insure the best quality outcome.
Before any shipment of Westfalia’s products will be arranged, a Climatic Transport/Storage Chamber Control Test will be performed.
This is a simulation of the possible environmental climate impact (temperature/humidity) on the article in a time-lapse test.
Evaluation: Examination of work and fitness ability of the article & the package after the acclimation.
To achieve maximum safety & quality Westfalia is performing for all Westfalia products up to 4 times inspections by an independent Quality Control Team.
- INLINE Inspection (= at least 20% finished products)
- DUPRO Inspection (= at least 50% finished products)
(intended to find out any non-compliance at the early stage of production for immediate corrective actions to rectify the quality)
- FINAL Random Inspection (= 100% finished/packed products)
- Container LOADING Inspection
INSPECTION FOCUS: Faulty units as well as defects in terms of appearance, function & conformity to the set requirements (attribute tests).
Applied AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) as per latest German Standard (DIN ISO 2859-10:2009-12)